About Me

My photo
I'm alive in uterine// a star in the dark a new day has dawned// open up and let it flow... I'll make it yours so here we go...

Sunday, June 15, 2014

PMS and Prozac

My doctor thought maybe Prozac would help my SEVERRRREEE PMS. I get so bad I have a break with reality most cycles. And it worked! It is like a miracle. I only take it two weeks out of the month, at an extremely low dose.. I am on my second day (the worst ones being the day before and the first day of) and all I had was some mild irritability. lie any normal woman would with PMS. Amazing. There is a study, you can read about it here if you want, about Prozac for PMS, not depression.

"...and that between 30 and 40 per cent have more severe symptoms that badly affect their work and family lives."

Yup, That is me alright. It interferes with school and seeing friends, and ANYTHING else I may have had planned for those 2 or 3 horrible days. And this may be my miracle cure. except....

There is a slight chance that even with this low dose, it may induce a manic state in those with Bipolar Syndrome.

And here, my 6th dose about to be taken, I am worried this may be happening. Last night I only needed 6 hours of sleep, couldn't sleep but wasn't tired, and awoke now bright and early full of energy. So far that is a good thing, I could use some mild mania.. I have been so slow lately, slightly depressed, but if this gets worse I am going to have to make a tough decision. And unfortunately I think I know which one I'm gonna choose. Because I can't go back to that life-stopping mental anguish of my PMDD.

I'm going to keep a close watch on how severe this gets. So far it might just be an energetic day or two, I am  excited for my upcoming trip back home for a couple of weeks.. But still. Mania is no joke, and me here with out a solid connection to a psychiatrist yet, this could get kinda tricky.

Anyways, on with my morning! Coffee and yoga, attempted meditation. 
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment